Notice is hereby given that Ordinance 184 was adopted during a duly advertised public meeting of the governing body of the City of Elephant Butte, NM on June 5, 2019.
Ordinance 177 is an ordinance of the City of Elephant Butte, New Mexico amending Sections 33.04, 155.006(k.2), 155.008(b), and 155.104 in the Code which replaces “posting in 6 public places” with “posting in same locations as in the current Open Meetings Act Resolution.”
This ordinance can be reviewed in its entirety at City Hall, 103 Water Street, from 8am -12pm and 1pm – 5pm Monday through Friday, or online at www.cityofelephantbutte.com.
/S/ Rani Bush
Posted: June 27, 2019
Effective Date: June 5, 2019
Notice is hereby given that Ordinance 177 was adopted during a duly advertised public meeting of the governing body of the City of Elephant Butte, NM on January 23, 2019.
Ordinance 177 is an ordinance pursuant to Section 1-22-3.1, NMSA (1978) to opt in to the election of the municipal officers of the City of Elephant Butte in the regular local election and adjustment of terms of office to correspond with new election date.
This ordinance can be reviewed in its entirety at City Hall, 103 Water Street, from 8am -12pm and 1pm – 5pm Monday through Friday.
/S/ Rani Bush
Posted: January 25, 2019
Effective Date: January 23, 2018
Notice is hereby given that Ordinance 172 was adopted during a duly advertised public meeting of the governing body of the City of Elephant Butte, NM on February 7, 2018.
Ordinance 172 is referenced as an Ordinance authorizing the City of Elephant Butte to enter into a loan agreement with the New Mexico Environment Department for the purpose of obtaining project loan funds in the principal amount of $425,000 at 0% interest; designating the use of the funds for the purpose defined in the most current project description form as approved by NMED; declaring the necessity for the loan; providing that the loan will be payable and collectible solely from the borrower’s pledged revenues; prescribing other details concerning the loan and the security for that purpose.
This ordinance can be reviewed in its entirety at City Hall, 103 Water Street, From 8am -12pm and 1pm – 5pm Monday through Friday, or online at www.cityofelephantbutte.com.
/S/ Karen Rieth, CMC, CPO
Posted: February 14, 2018
Effective Date: February 19, 2018
Our City Ordinances from number 1 to number 156 have been codified and are in one document. You can view these Ordinances through American Legal Publishing. This web site allows you to search for key words, and specific sections with ease.
The City has passed additional Ordinances and they can be viewed by clicking on the title or the number Below. We will be adding these Ordinances into the Code Book soon.
Download the PDFs here
- 172 Loan for WWTP $425,000 NMED
- 171 Drones Died for Lack of Motion
- 170 Subdivision Code
- 169 Uniform Traffic
- 167 Deadly Weapons
- 166 – LEDA
- 165 – Annual Liquor Ordinance – DO NOT CODIFY
- 164 – Water Waterwater Increase
- 163 – Ordinance Allowing OHVs to operate on City Streets
- 162– Ordinance Amending 158 Allowing Golf Carts to operate on City Streets
- 160- Ordinance New Mexico Water Franchise Agreement
- 159- Ordinance Authorizing the Execution and Delivery of a Loan Agreement Among The Sierra County Joint Powers Commission
- 158-Ordinance Providing for the operation of golf carts on city streets and establishing standards, restrictions and registration requirements
- 157-An Ordinance of the City of Elephant Butte,New Mexico, Amending Chapters 154,155 and Ordinance 140, establishing a process for designating lots identified as being impacted by drainage, run off, erosion, poor soil and/or flooding conditions or impacting adjacent lots the lots in the same manner and providing a penalty for non-compliance
- 156 – Ordinance relating to liquor license adopted 6.3.2015
- 155 – Ordinance 155 Uniform Traffic Ordinance
- 154 – Ordinance relating to the limited keeping of chicken hens
- 153 – Ordinance repealing city ordinance No 150
- 152 – Ordinance Amending Section 155.005 to add zoning definitions and amending section 155.033 concerning the commercial zoning district including the reduction of setback requirements, increase lot coverage provisions, add “Temporary Mobile Vending” as a permitted use, and clarify landscaping and other provisions. – adopted 6/3/2015
- 151 – Ordinance Amending the Provisions of Sections 31.62, 31.64, 31.65 and 31.66 of the Lodger’s Tax Ordinance
- 150 – Ordinance REPEALED
- 148 – Ordinance relating to Temporary Overnight Uses of Public Facilities -adopted 12/3/208
- 147 – Ordinance relating to Accessory Buildings within R-1-A, R-1-B, R-1-C and R-3 Zones-adopted 12/3/20147 –
- 146 – Uniform Traffic Ordinance Violation Penalty Assessment-adopted 8/6/20146
- 145 – Uniform Traffic Ordinance-adopted 8/6/2014
- 143 – R-1-D zoning district – Setback and Lot Coverage Requirements
- 142 – Rezoning from Residential to Commercial on Certain Lots– adopted 11/20/2013
- 140 – Process for Approving Building Permits
- 139 – Simplifying the Procedure for Approving the Subdivision and Re-Subdivision of Certain Parcels of Land