Notice is hereby given that Ordinance 190 was adopted during a duly advertised public meeting of the governing body of the City of Elephant Butte, NM on February 19, 2020.
Ordinance 190 is an ordinance amending the City of Elephant Butte Code of Ordinances 2015, Chapter 31, Section 31.64, Exemptions.
/S/ Rani Bush
Effective Date: March 6, 2020
Posted: February 28, 2020
Notice is hereby given that Ordinance 174 was adopted during a duly advertised public meeting of the governing body of the City of Elephant Butte, NM on January 22, 2020.
Ordinance 174 is an ordinance of the City of Elephant Butte amending Sections 155.005, 155.026, 155.027, 155.028, 155.029, 155.030, 155.031, 155.032 and 155.033 relating to uses of storage containers in residential and commercial districts.
/S/ Rani Bush
Posted: October January 24, 2020
Effective Date: January 29, 2020
Notice is hereby given that Ordinance 180 was adopted during a regular meeting of the governing body of the City of Elephant Butte, NM on December 4, 2019 after a duly advertised public meeting on November 6, 2019.
Ordinance 180 is an ordinance of the City of Elephant Butte, New Mexico amending Sections 155.005, 155.026, 155.027, 155.028, 155.029, 155.030 and 155.032 of the Code of Ordinances relating to permitted uses in residential districts.
/S/ Rani Bush
Posted: December 9, 2019
Effective Date: December 20, 2019
Our City Ordinances from number 1 to number 156 have been codified and are in one document. You can view these Ordinances through American Legal Publishing. This web site allows you to search for key words, and specific sections with ease.
The City has passed additional Ordinances and they can be viewed by clicking on the title or the number Below. We will be adding these Ordinances into the Code Book soon.
Download the PDFs here
- 190 Chapter 31.64, Exemptions
- 186 Storage Lot Moratorium
- 185 Waste Water Rate Reduction
- 184 Posting Locations
- 181 Electric Signs
- 180 – Residential Building Width
- 172 Loan for WWTP $425,000 NMED
- 171 Drones Died for Lack of Motion
- 170 Subdivision Code
- 169 Uniform Traffic
- 167 Deadly Weapons
- 166 – LEDA
- 165 – Annual Liquor Ordinance – DO NOT CODIFY
- 164 – Water Waterwater Increase
- 163 – Ordinance Allowing OHVs to operate on City Streets
- 162– Ordinance Amending 158 Allowing Golf Carts to operate on City Streets
- 160- Ordinance New Mexico Water Franchise Agreement
- 159- Ordinance Authorizing the Execution and Delivery of a Loan Agreement Among The Sierra County Joint Powers Commission
- 158-Ordinance Providing for the operation of golf carts on city streets and establishing standards, restrictions and registration requirements
- 157-An Ordinance of the City of Elephant Butte,New Mexico, Amending Chapters 154,155 and Ordinance 140, establishing a process for designating lots identified as being impacted by drainage, run off, erosion, poor soil and/or flooding conditions or impacting adjacent lots the lots in the same manner and providing a penalty for non-compliance
- 156 – Ordinance relating to liquor license adopted 6.3.2015
- 155 – Ordinance 155 Uniform Traffic Ordinance
- 154 – Ordinance relating to the limited keeping of chicken hens
- 153 – Ordinance repealing city ordinance No 150
- 152 – Ordinance Amending Section 155.005 to add zoning definitions and amending section 155.033 concerning the commercial zoning district including the reduction of setback requirements, increase lot coverage provisions, add “Temporary Mobile Vending” as a permitted use, and clarify landscaping and other provisions. – adopted 6/3/2015
- 151 – Ordinance Amending the Provisions of Sections 31.62, 31.64, 31.65 and 31.66 of the Lodger’s Tax Ordinance
- 150 – Ordinance REPEALED
- 148 – Ordinance relating to Temporary Overnight Uses of Public Facilities -adopted 12/3/208
- 147 – Ordinance relating to Accessory Buildings within R-1-A, R-1-B, R-1-C and R-3 Zones-adopted 12/3/20147 –
- 146 – Uniform Traffic Ordinance Violation Penalty Assessment-adopted 8/6/20146
- 145 – Uniform Traffic Ordinance-adopted 8/6/2014
- 143 – R-1-D zoning district – Setback and Lot Coverage Requirements
- 142 – Rezoning from Residential to Commercial on Certain Lots– adopted 11/20/2013
- 140 – Process for Approving Building Permits
- 139 – Simplifying the Procedure for Approving the Subdivision and Re-Subdivision of Certain Parcels of Land