Sealed Bids for general construction of “ELEPHANT BUTTE ANNEX RETAINING WALL REBID”
IFB 17-18-03 will be received by the City of Elephant ButtePurchasing Agent at the City
Hall, 103 Water Ave., Elephant Butte, NM 87935until 2:00 p.m. M.T. (Local Time), November 9,
- 2017. At that time all bids will be publicly opened and read aloud. Any bid received after closing
time will be returned unopened.
The Scope of Work is a new CMU Retaining wall with concrete footing including associated site
work. Demolition and disposal of existing Rail Road Tie retaining wall and all associated site
work to complete the new retaining wall as indicated on the drawings and in the project manual.
Drawings, specifications and contract documents may be examined at the Elephant Butte City
Hall, 103 Water Ave., Elephant Butte, NM 87935 and ASA Architects, 201 North Alameda, Las
Cruces, New Mexico, 88005, Phone (575) 526-3111.
Bona fide prime and sub bidders may obtain one (1) set of drawings and specifications from the
Architect’s office at 201 North Alameda, Las Cruces, New Mexico, 88005, Phone (575) 526-
- You may also request electronic copies (PDF) from the Architect. No plans deposit is
required but shipping costs do apply and are non-refundable. No partial sets will be issued.
Bidders are advised that the following is included in the contract:
- Liquidated damage clause.
- Public Works and Apprenticeship and Training Act.
- 5% Preference applicable to qualified New Mexico Contractors.
- Performance bond and Payment Bond shall be required from the Prime Contractor.
- A pre-bid conference will be held for all interested bidders on October 5, 2017 at 9:00am
(Local Time) at 103 Water Ave., Elephant Butte, New Mexico 87935.Attendance is not
mandatory but strongly recommended for contractors bidding the Work.
City of Elephant Butte reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive any or all
informalities. Bids shall be good for 60 days following the opening of bids and may not be
withdrawn without forfeiture of bid bond.
/S/ Karen Rieth, CMC